This is such a odd time of year for me. I’m frantically getting things done, finishing up web projects, baking all kinds of food and planning travel so I can suddenly stop and enjoy Thanksgiving and then the beginning of Advent and the Christmas season. It’s a mad dash and then a grand halt, to eat turkey and see family. Strangely nice!
I’ll share a few of my favorites finds over the past few days, in case you need an excuse to sit down and relax for a few minutes!
- Leila from Like Mother Like Daughter shares her ideas for a beautiful, peaceful and meaningful Thanksgiving, and some more over here. I will read this every year!
- We all need a few tips when it comes to hospitality! My dear friend Terri wrote up this wonderful post, part of a series, on hospitality. Full of photos, memories from her childhood and helpful tips!
- I love these tips for a great Thanksgiving Kid’s Table from DesignMom.
- My friend Elizabeth, aka “Betty Duffy” wrote this thought-provoking ramble (a good sort of ramble) that will keep you thinking for weeks.
- After a friend forwarded me a very offensive post by a woman proclaiming that homeschooling is the ONLY way to educate children, I thought I’d share this very honest post by Jennnifer Fitz over at CatholicMom.com ‘You’re Ruining Your Child, Please Pass the Yams’. Just read it.
- Don’t forget to sign up for my Advent Book Giveaway if you haven’t already. It ends tomorrow!