“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! — When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”
This Monday, January 28th, will be the 200th anniversary of the publication of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice!
In honor of this grand, historic event, I am offering the giveaway of giveaways!!
You choose your book! Aw yeah!!
Here are your options:
a brand new, beautiful, hardbound copy of Pride and Prejudice, (Everyman’s Library edition)
- it has a gorgeous book jacket
- gilded cloth bound cover
- certainly something you can read AND show off on your shelf
a brand new, beautiful copy of The Annotated Pride and Prejudice: the revised and expanded edition
- authored by Jane Austen (of course) and David M. Shapard
- the complete novel by Jane Austen PLUS
- citations from Austen’s letters, biographical info, historical context, maps, definitions, analysis and more
- thousands of annotations on facing pages. So, on one side is the novel, and on the facing page are notations.
- I SO want this!!
Here’s how you enter:
- leaving a comment below before 5 PM on Monday, January 28, 2013
- Let me know which book you’d like
- Be sure that you like my Facebook page, and subscribe to my blog feed via email.
- Winners will be announced later that evening. One entry per person, please.
- You must have a valid email address, which I promise not to use for anything other than this giveaway.
Share your favorite Jane Austen quote, if you’d like!