I am so excited to share this beautiful new book with you and offer my readers a giveaway: an autographed copy of A Call to Serve: Pope Francis and the Catholic Future by Phil Lawler and Stefan von Kempis.
Stefan von Kempis is editor of Vatican Radio and the author of several books on Pope Benedict XVI and editor of the German monthly magazine Gemeinsam Glauben.
Phil Lawler is the editor of Catholic World News, written six books and hundreds of articles and essays. As you may already know, he is also the husband of Leila Lawler, the foundress of my **all time favorite blog on the planet** Like Mother, Like Daughter!
So, when Leila posted about her husband’s new book, I knew I was thrilled! I have personally come to rely on Mr. Lawler’s writings as I continue to learn and understand our Church in the world today. So, I knew that this book will be full of insight and wisdom!
The publisher, Crossroads Publishing, writes:
- Full color photography on every page
- Vivid storytelling and in-depth analysis from Stefan von Kempis and Philip F. Lawler
- Insights from Pope Francis’s friends, family, and even his childhood sweetheart
- Firsthand accounts of Vatican proceedings
- Reflections by Pope Francis on the heart of our faith, and his relationship with Jesus
- The daunting challenges that face the new Pope
Here’s a little note from Leila about her dear hubby’s book:
This book has all the images from the resignation of Benedict to the aftermath of the conclave that we couldn’t get enough of, plus many more beautiful photographs, all in lovely color. The quality of this book is astonishing.
It also comes with the incisive commentary of the authors. Phil Lawler’s experience in interpreting events in the religious world is unmatched.
You just have to have his take on things!
So, there we are! I’m so excited to get this book in my hands, and my children will love to see the images that we watched during the Papal Election, displayed in a beautiful book format.
Here’s how to enter the giveaway for an autographed copy of A Call to Serve:
- Leave a comment below before 5 PM on Tuesday, May 7, 2013
- Be sure that you like my Facebook page, and subscribe to my blog feed via email.
- Winners will be announced later that evening. One entry per person, please.
- You must have a valid email address, which I promise not to use for anything other than this giveaway.